London (AFP) – Premier League clubs voted on Thursday to move the closing date of the summer transfer window to bring it into line with the rest of Europe.
At Thursday’s shareholders’ meeting the clubs voted to revert to the traditional date at the end of August or early September after two seasons when the window closed on the eve of the campaign.
This year’s summer window will close at 1600 GMT on Tuesday, September 1 as August 31 is a public holiday.
A Premier League statement read: “At a shareholders’ meeting today, Premier League clubs voted to adopt a change to the summer transfer window closing date for season 2020/21.
“This will move the closing date back to the traditional point at the end of August/early September.
“The 2020 closing date will therefore be 17:00 BST (1600 GMT) on 1 September.
“Clubs agreed after discussing the topic at length at previous shareholders’ meetings.”
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family