In its final season of coverage on FOX Sports, the Bundesliga will no longer be available on FS2 to Sling Blue subscribers. Instead, Sling TV customers will need to add the Sports Extra package at an additional $10 per month above and beyond their current service in order to get their fix of many German league matches.
Earlier this week, we reported of another change for Sling TV subscribers with the removal of beIN SPORTS from the Best of Spanish TV package, which is one of the more popular add-ons for Sling TV customers wanting their soccer fix.
The changes to Sling TV are seen as a way to generate more revenue from consumers. In addition to moving FS2 and beIN SPORTS to other packages, Sling TV has increased pricing for Sling Blue by $5 per month (in addition to Sling Orange by five dollars per month, also).
The changes at Sling TV means that subscribers who used to pay $25 per month to watch Bundesliga games on FS1 and FS2 will now have to pay $40 per month for Sling Blue + Sports Extra. That’s a 60% increase.
How much of an impact is FS2 moving off Sling Blue? During the next weekend of Bundesliga action across FOX Sports, 57% of the seven Bundesliga games scheduled across English-language television are on FS2. Only two of the games will be on FS1.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ