Sling TV has removed beIN SPORTS from its Best of Spanish TV package, thereby making the channel and coverage of LaLiga even more difficult to access than previously.
While the change may not seem significant to some, the Best of Spanish TV package has been one of the most popular Sling TV add-ons that soccer fans have chosen over the years when wanting to access LaLiga via beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español.
The Spanish-language network beIN SPORTS en Español will continue to be available via Best of Spanish TV, but it leaves English-language viewers in the lurch who want to enjoy the top-flight Spanish league with English-language commentary and analysis from beIN SPORTS talent such as Phil Schoen and Ray Hudson.
Other options do exist (more on that later), but removing beIN SPORTS from Best of Spanish TV isn’t the only change that Sling TV has made.
Recently, the streaming service increased the monthly subscription costs of Sling Blue and Sling Orange by five dollars per month to $30/month for Sling Blue and $30/month for Sling Orange, or $45/month for Sling Blue + Orange combined.
Plus, Sling TV has made their 7-day free trials to Sling Blue and Sling Orange more difficult to find. The free trials used to be available on their website, but they’re only now available via the Sling TV app, which is available on Amazon Fire TV devices, Android tablets and smartphones, Android TV, Apple TV, iOS devices, LG TV Smart TVs, Roku, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One.
By Sling TV removing beIN SPORTS from the Best of Spanish TV package, it forces long-standing Sling customers to make a decision whether to switch or stay. Other options include Fanatiz for $7.99/month, fubo Latino and Sling Latino for $10/month.
In response to our concerns about Sling TV subscribers no longer being able to watch LaLiga in English-language via Best of Spanish TV, a Sling TV spokeswoman responded, “All of the major soccer games broadcasted on beIN SPORTS (English) are still available in Spanish to Best of Spanish TV customers on beIN SPORTS en Espanol and/or beIN SPORTS Connect channels. Customers interested in watching LaLiga games in English can still watch on beIN SPORTS with Sports Extra (Blue and/or Orange base services required), World Sports or Deportes Extra.”
We reached out to beIN SPORTS for comment regarding the removal of the channel from Best of Spanish TV, but they didn’t respond before press time. According to a source, LaLiga believes the partnership with Sling TV is as strong as ever, and LaLiga continues to leverage Sling’s platform and collaborate with their team on new ways to create exposure of LaLiga for Sling consumers in the new year.
Sling TV removing beIN SPORTS from the Best of Spanish TV package is ironic considering that LaLiga North America and Sling TV announced a partnership in September 2019 that described Sling TV as “the official sponsor of La Liga in North America.” In that same announcement, it mentioned Sling TV would expand and promote Spain’s top league in North America.
Sling TV is currently running an advertising campaign that’s promoting its coverage of LaLiga with the slogan “Ready as ever.” Given recent developments, they may want to reconsider the wording.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache
- Mbappe set to snub Real Madrid and stay at PSG
- Rangers win Scottish Cup to erase Europa League heartache
- Kaizer Chiefs draw and miss out on Africa next season
- La Liga president calls Mbappe PSG deal ‘insult to football’
- Mbappe chooses to stay at PSG in Real snub: reports
- Man City’s De Bruyne voted Premier League Player of the season
- Arsenal, Dortmund, Real Madrid, City and Juve kits for 2022/23
- Man City’s Foden voted Premier League Young Player of the season