Milan (AFP) – Hellas Verona battled back from three goals down with all three substitutes scoring in a 15-minute second-half spell to hold Torino 3-3 in Serie A on Sunday.
Torino had taken a comfortable lead at the Stadio Bentegodi after Christian Ansaldi scored a double with Alex Berenguer also on target for the visitors.
But the hosts hit back with three goals after 69 minutes from players who all came off the bench.
Ansaldi broke through after 36 minutes with Berenguer, adding a second ten minutes after the break.
Ansaldi then volleyed in his second just after the hour, as Torino looked on course for a third consecutive win for the first time this season.
But the match swung Verona’s way after Giampaolo Pazzini converted a penalty on 69 minutes after Gleison Bremer was deemed to have used his elbow to block the ball.
Pazzini was then involved in the second with Valerio Verre smashing in off a rebound.
Mariusz Stepinski added a third pounching on a defending error from Torino’s Ola Aina to finish off.
Torino are ninth with Verona two points behind in 11th position, in the hosts’ final match before the winter break.
Torino next play SPAL on Saturday.
Serie A leaders Inter Milan travel to Fiorentina later on Sunday with champions Juventus, two points behind before their game at home against Udinese.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Cristiano Ronaldo should have taken outrageous Saudi offer
- FIFA 23 needs to focus on things beyond Ted Lasso
- Barcelona VP says Messi return would be ‘possible financially’
- Brands hoping World Cup boosts Gen Z interest in soccer
- Hummel makes statement with World Cup kits for Denmark
- 3 reasons Arlington is not ideal host for 2026 World Cup final
- Richarlison racially abused in Brazil’s win over Tunisia
- Where to find Chelsea vs. West Ham on US TV
- USMNT staggers into World Cup following draw with Saudi Arabia
- 2026 World Cup Final will reportedly be in Arlington, Texas