Lille (France) (AFP) – Portuguese duo Joao Sacramento and Nuno Santos are to leave their jobs as coaches at Lille in order to become part of compatriot Jose Mourinho’s staff at Tottenham Hotspur, the French club said on Wednesday.
Sacramento, 30, was the assistant coach to Christophe Galtier in northern France. He initially joined Lille in January 2017 and worked under former coach Marcelo Bielsa, who was sacked later that year.
Santos has worked as goalkeeping coach at Lille since the summer of 2018.
Now 46, he was a goalkeeper on the books at Benfica in 2000 when Mourinho began his coaching career with the Lisbon giants.
Both men were close to Luis Campos, the Portuguese transfer guru who works as an advisor for Lille and is also close to Mourinho, who was appointed Spurs manager earlier on Wednesday.
Mourinho even attended a Lille game last season following his sacking by Manchester United.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family