A ground-breaking technical training tool is having a major impact in the development of football’s next generation of stars.
SenseBall has already contributed heavily to Belgium’s rise up the international rakings and is now making significant waves in youth football.
The brainchild of Belgian coach, Michel Bruyninckx, the training soccer ball system has been proven to significantly improve performance.
Used as part of the innovative CogiTraining method, Senseball has its roots in the extensive research conducted by Bruyninckx into the effects of cognitive neurology, neuropsychology and neurobiology in sports.
The project, conducted in collaboration with the Catholic University of Louvain and the Royal Belgian Football Association, has converted Belgium from also-rans into one of the world’s most talented footballing nations.
However, SenseBall’s growing influence amongst younger age groups has the potential to drive up standards in football across the world.
RSC Anderlecht were one of the first clubs to implement this innovative concept at all levels of its youth academy.
The have already reaped the benefits from using SenseBall, reaching the semi-finals of the UEFA Youth League in 2015/16.
Elsewhere, FC Metz are exclusive partners in France for CogiTraining and are already beginning to see significant results from using the system.
The club’s Under 15 squad worked extensively with SenseBall and were rewarded by winning the French championship ahead of the likes of Paris Saint-Germain.
“I strongly associate CogiTraining and SenseBall with the success and progress of our players,” said Bertrand Antoine, head of pre-training at FC Metz youth academy.
AC Milan are also big fans of SenseBall, having renewed their exclusive contract in Italy with CogiTraining for a third year.
Their youth teams have benefited massively from the system, as highlighted by the success of their Under 19 side who beat Real Madrid to win a prestigious international tournament in Dubai.
These achievements emphasise the key role SenseBall is playing in helping to produce more talented football players.
Just 15 minutes per day with SenseBall significantly improves technique and helps players become far more comfortable using both feet.
Whereas traditional training methods provide players with around 50,000 touches of the ball per year, SenseBall makes it possible to rack up ten times that amount.
Studies have also shown that the system can have positive effects off the field, with some youngsters achieving better school results due to the improved brain organisation generated by the training method.
Having already been proven to be a hugely successful technical training tool, it seems highly like that SenseBall will continue to grow in popularity over the next few years.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family