Sling TV and LaLiga North America have formed a partnership to help increase the awareness of the Spanish top-flight league in the United States.
With all games being broadcast exclusively via beIN SPORTS, one of the biggest complaints from soccer fans in the United States has been the accessibility of matches because beIN SPORTS is no longer available via DIRECTV or Comcast Xfinity. But with streaming partnerships between beIN SPORTS and several OTT platforms, the Spanish league is more accessible than many competing leagues online. Hence, the decision by Sling TV and LaLiga North America to partner in order to help bridge the gap and encourage more people to watch LaLiga online if their TV provider doesn’t offer beIN SPORTS or beIN SPORTS en Espanol.
While the terms of the partnership aren’t earth shattering, the alignment between Sling TV and LaLiga North America will offer fans of LaLiga clubs some enticements in the United States.
For example, LaLiga North America will be creating custom content for the Sling TV LaLiga Ambassadors Club with LaLiga ambassadors. Additionally, Sling TV will be sponsoring segments within existing shows (e.g. The Luis Garcia Show and the Jimmy Conrad Show).
Sling TV will also offer unique LaLiga experiences and merchandise with sweepstakes, giveaways and promotions across both partners’ platforms.
According to a spokesperson for LaLiga North America, both LaLiga North America and Sling TV recognize the importance and growing demand for soccer in the US, and through this partnership will be able to bring the league closer to its American fan base.
In other news, due to a carriage dispute, FOX has removed FS1 and FS2 from DISH and Sling Blue. Hopefully the dispute will be resolved soon, but it’s not good news for fans of MLS and the Bundesliga since none of those matches will be available to Sling TV subscribers this weekend.
According to a Sling TV representative, FOX has “made the deliberate decision to block your access to its channel(s).”
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more