DAZN, an international streaming service that broadcasts content in nine countries, is ready to embark on a major undertaking this 2019/20 season with the exclusive broadcasting rights in Canada.
After acquiring the rights for three seasons, it means that DAZN is the only place in Canada to watch the world’s most popular sports league. Plus it’s in HD.
This was terrific news for both fans of the Premier League, and DAZN itself. Prior to this season, the Canadian rights to the Premier League were held jointly by TSN and Rogers SportsNet, which featured a mixture of live, streamed, and delayed action across the networks.
This season, DAZN will stream all 380 matches online. The Premier League package starts at $20 a month, as well as an option for a full year package, which goes for $150. None of the games will be streamed on live television.
There is also an option for a one month free trial to get acclimated to all DAZN has to offer.
This acquisition added to DAZN’s impressive soccer programming in Canada, which includes the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, and UEFA Super Cup, as well as the beIN SPORTS feed of LaLiga, Ligue 1, and the Turkish Super Lig.
A full list of DAZN’s soccer programming rights is as follows, as of press time:
• Premier League
• LaLiga (beIN SPORTS feed)
• Serie A
• Major League Soccer (Canadian streams are delayed)
• UEFA Champions League
• UEFA Europa League
• FIFA Club World Cup
• UEFA Super Cup
• UEFA Women’s Champions League (beIN SPORTS feed)
• Spanish Segunda Division (beIN SPORTS feed)
• Copa del Rey (beIN SPORTS feed)
• EFL Cup
• FA Cup
• Super Lig (beIN SPORTS feed)
• AFC Champions League
• J1 League
• Copa Libertadores (beIN SPORTS feed)
• Copa Sudamericana (beIN SPORTS feed)
• CONMEBOL Recopa (beIN SPORTS feed)
• International Champions Cup
• Audi Cup
As the domestic season gets underway, DAZN clearly has Canada covered in all aspects. They will broadcast the opening match of the Premier League between Liverpool and Norwich City on Friday, before broadcasting 15 matches across three leagues on Saturday.
DAZN (pronounced “Da Zone”) is owned by Perform Group. Since their launch in 2016, they have acquired live sports content in Austria, Germany, Japan, Switzerland Canada, Italy, United States, Spain and Brazil, with their sports featuring soccer, American football, baseball, basketball, combat sports, ice hockey, and motorsports, to name a few.
It is worth noting that despite their tremendous international success, DAZN has been relatively quiet in the United States where it only has the US English-language rights to the J League.
For Canadian fans, DAZN offers a comprehensive Premier League package for an affordable price. At $150 dollars for 380 live matches and replays, the cost is quite reasonable especially considering this is the first time all matches will be livestreamed in Canada.
DAZN is available to stream on Smart TV’s, mobile devices and tablets, computers, and game consoles.
DAZN Canada is offering a free one-month trial to new subscribers.
30+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes TUDN, GolTV, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more