Perhaps no club in world soccer has expanded their global brand over the past decade as much as Manchester City.
On the heels of their second consecutive Premier League title, the English club have announced the launch of Man City For TV, a comprehensive OTT streaming service featuring live preseason friendlies, broadcasts of academy and women’s games, full-match replays (on delay), exclusive CityTV productions, archived matches from the club’s history as well as the customary highlights, interviews and press conference footage.
Initially priced at £1.99 per month, which is roughly $2.47 in USD, Man City For TV will be available for all major connected devices: Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, and various Smart TV’s. It is also available in 39 countries, including the United States.
Manchester City have begun their new OTT service with a bang, debuting an exclusive documentary series entitled Fight to the End, which is a series about the last 30 days of the club’s 2018/19 season.
Having won the Carabao Cup in February, City reached the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League and the FA Cup, all while engulfed in a fierce Premier League title race with Liverpool. The conclusion of what would have been an unprecedented ending to a season was documented and released on Tuesday (see trailer).
Commenting on the release of Man City For TV was Chief Marketing Officer Nuria Tarre, who stressed: “We want to provide our global fanbase with new, flexible ways to watch our content, so we’re excited to be adding yet another option to our portfolio.”
Tarre also praised the unique content Man City For TV will be bringing to fans worldwide: “We are launching with some fantastic content—our City TV team have captured the run-in to last season’s Premier League title race, one of the best ever. Fans will get a never seen before, behind the scenes, insight into how the team prepared for and celebrated our Fourmidables season.”
Manchester City’s ascent to the top of the world soccer ranks has been well documented, and a streaming service like this is crucial, especially in today’s football consumption climate.
The most enticing features about Man City For TV are its comprehensive content offering and price. Full match replays and highlights are ideal ways to fans to immerse themselves in their favorite team, particularly if they live outside of England.
The price is also quite reasonable — a couple of dollars a month is a fair amount to pay given the amount of content available. The Fourmidables documentary may very well be worth the price of entry alone.
Considering rivals Manchester United have their own TV network, this was a necessary measure taken by City. Early signs indicate that it could very well be a success.
Sounding off on the network’s mission statement was Tarre. “By becoming a central hub for Manchester City content, as with so many of our media initiatives in recent years, we want Man City for TV to push the boundaries in technology and sports consumption and provide an immersive entertainment experience for our loyal fanbase, wherever they are.”
By keying in on that last sentiment, Manchester City has been and will continue to expand their global outreach for years to come. Man City For TV is yet another important step in the right direction.
More information about Man City For TV can be found on their website.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family