In the second major departure for beIN SPORTS this summer, presenter Kay Murray has announced she’s leaving the sports network.
Speaking to World Soccer Talk, Murray revealed she’s moving to the Northeastern United States to explore new opportunities.
While it’s certainly a smart move by Murray, her decision to leave beIN SPORTS is another blow to the broadcaster who continues to suffer the financial impact of not being televised by the two biggest distributors in the United States — Comcast and DIRECTV. Murray’s move, which follows on the heels of fellow presenter Kevin Egan deciding to leave, will leave a hole at beIN SPORTS as the sports network is readying to televise the last season of its TV deal with LaLiga for the 2019/20 season.
SEE MORE: An interview with Kay Murray from 2016
Prior to joining beIN SPORTS, Murray worked at Real Madrid TV and BoroTV as well as co-hosting the FIFA Ballon d’Or awards alongside Ruud Gullit. At beIN SPORTS, Murray was a familiar face on broadcasts of LaLiga as well as hosting The XTRA and The Locker Room. She quickly established herself as a knowledgeable and charming host, where she regularly worked alongside analysts such as Gary Bailey, Thomas Rongen, Ray Hudson and others.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Univision, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $4.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ