Sunday’s Copa America Final between Brazil and Peru averaged 3.1 million viewers, ranking as the most-watched Copa America final since 2007 – tripling the 2015 final (Chile vs. Argentina, 1 million total viewers).
For the 2019 tournament, Telemundo had the exclusive television rights in the United States after ESPN decided to broadcast the games exclusively via ESPN+. Unfortunately, the streaming viewing numbers were unavailable from ESPN.
On Telemundo, Brazil’s 3-1 win over Peru peaked at 3.7 million TV-only viewers in the 5:45-6 p.m. ET quarter hour. The game reached 5.2 million viewers.
Locally, the Copa America final was number one in 13 of 15 markets among adults 18-49, regardless of language. The top five markets for the Brazil vs Peru game among adults 18-49 included Miami-Fort Lauderdale (WSCV), Los Angeles (KVEA), Houston (KTMD), Dallas (KXTX), and New York (WNJU).
Telemundo Deportes’ coverage of the 2019 Copa America yielded a Total Audience Delivery average of 1.2 million viewers- doubling the 2015 tournament.
Sixteen of the 26 Copa America matches averaged 1 million viewers or more across all platforms – four times more than 2015.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ