Sunday’s triumphant 3-0 win by the USA women’s team hit 6.2 million viewers across Telemundo and FOX combined, breaking records for both the English-language and Spanish-language broadcasters.
In total, 6,241,000 viewers watched the USWNT win with goals by Julie Ertz and a brace by Carli Lloyd. On Spanish-language broadcaster Telemundo, the match scored a Total Audience Delivery (TAD) average of 833,000 viewers across Telemundo, Telemundo Deportes website, the Telemundo Deportes En Vivo app, and the NBC Sports app, becoming the second most-watched Women’s World Cup match in Spanish-language history, behind Telemundo’s record-setting broadcast of the 2015 Final (USA vs. Japan, 1.27 million TAD viewers). The game also surpassed last week’s match against Thailand as the most-watched Team USA WWC Group Stage match in Spanish-language history.
On English-language broadcaster FOX, the broadcast averaged 5,324,000 viewers, making it the most-watched FIFA Women’s World Cup Group Stage match ever in the U.S., and most-watched English-language soccer telecast in the country since last year’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia final, according to Nielsen Media Research.
The next game for the US Women’s National Team is Thursday at 3PM ET on over-the-air FOX and Telemundo.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ