The 2019 UEFA Champions League Final between Liverpool and Spurs averaged 2.9 million viewers across TNT, Univision and Univision Deportes Network combined.
Even though the two finalists were Premier League clubs, Univision and Univision Deportes Network averaged 1.4 million viewers across Spanish-language television.
On TNT, the game averaged 1.5 million viewers to deliver the most-watched UEFA Champions League Final ever on cable television. It was also the most-watched sports program of the day on cable TV.
On the English-language viewership for the game, the 2018 Real Madrid and Liverpool final averaged more than 2 million viewers on U.S. television on the over-the-air FOX network. The 2017 UEFA Champions League Final between Real Madrid and Juventus averaged 1.7 million viewers on the same network. Meanwhile, the 2016 final had 1,682,000 viewers.
This year was the first all-English UEFA Champions League Final since 2008, with TNT’s telecast up 37% over that comparable match (Manchester United vs. Chelsea –1,097,000 viewers on ESPN2).
Over the course of the entire season, this year’s UEFA Champions League coverage on TNT averaged 310,000 viewers for 45 live match telecasts, which represents the best numbers in a decade, while establishing new record-setting performances throughout Turner Sports’ first season as the exclusive English-language multimedia rights-holder. TNT’s comprehensive UEFA Champions League coverage was up +44% in viewership, with double-digit gains across all key demos versus last year.
Viewership for the B/R Football Matchday studio show telecasts were up +106% when compared to last year’s pre-match coverage on FOX Sports.
Regarding Spanish-language television, compared to last year on ESPN Deportes, Univision audience was +34%. Saturday’s Univision/UDN telecast delivered the largest audience for the UEFA Champions League final in Spanish-language since 2015. Overall, the performance on Univision caps off UEFA Champions League’s most-watched season in history, regardless of language.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ