The 2019 Women’s World Cup promises to be an exciting affair, with a host of teams in with a genuine chance of lifting the prestigious trophy.
The action gets underway in Paris on June 7 as hosts France go head-to-head with South Korea and will culminate in the final in Lyon on July 7.
The teams have been drawn into six groups of four, with the top two in each and the four best third-placed sides advancing to the round of 16. The groups are as follows:
- Group A – France, South Korea, Norway, Nigeria
- Group B – Germany, China, Spain, South Africa
- Group C – Australia, Italy, Brazil, Jamaica
- Group D – England, Scotland, Argentina, Japan
- Group E – Canada, Cameroon, New Zealand, Netherlands
- Group F – United States, Thailand, Chile, Sweden
Reigning champions United States are chasing a fourth success at the World Cup and are 7/2 joint-favourites with France in the outright football betting market to win the tournament.
The US have lost just one of their last 38 matches in all competitions and they are heavily fancied to progress from Group F alongside Sweden.
However, their recent performances have lacked sparkle and they may find it difficult to retain their title this summer.
The reigning champions lost 2-1 against France back in January and the hosts are heading into the tournament in confident mood.
France were subsequently defeated 1-0 by Germany, but have bounced back with four victories in a row and they will be tough to beat on home soil.
Norway are fancied to claim second spot behind France in Group A, although it would be unwise to write off South Korea.
Germany extended their unbeaten run to 12 matches with a 2-0 victory over Chile in their final warm-up game and they seem sure to be a force to be reckoned with at the World Cup.
Spain should qualify alongside Germany, while China will fancy their chances of causing an upset having performed with credit back in 2015.
Australia and Brazil look good bets to make it out of Group C, although neither appeal as likely winners of the tournament.
England won the SheBelievesCup in impressive fashion earlier this year and should finish on top of Group D ahead of Japan.
The Lionesses have been tipped by many pundits to win the tournament and look worth an interest at odds of around 7/1.
Netherlands are favourites to win Group E and should qualify for the knockout stage alongside Canada or New Zealand.
2019 Women’s World Cup Prediction
The US and France are both strong teams, but neither appeal as value bets at their current odds. Germany and Netherlands will be dangerous, but England look too good to ignore at 7/1 and are a confident selection.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more