Both legs of the Liga MX Clausura Final between Tigres and Leon delivered a combined viewing audience of 3.78 million across Univision Deportes.
The first leg on Thursday averaged 1.828 viewers, while Sunday’s second leg averaged 1.96 million for a combined average of 1.9 million viewers across Univision and Univision Deportes Network. That’s 2% greater than the Santos Laguna-Toluca final last year.
With the positive numbers for Tigres-Leon, the two legs of the final delivered the two most-watched soccer games of the year, regardless of language.
Tigres won the Clausura with an aggregate score of 1-0 over the two legs.
If there was ever any doubt about which is the most popular soccer league in the United States, Liga MX demonstrated once again how relevant the league is in this country.
The 2019 Liga MX Apertura season begins on Friday, July 19.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family