The race to climb the football ladder in England is always fiercely competitive and this season’s battles are delivering excitement aplenty once again.
With a handful of games still to play none of the promotion issues in the Championship, League 1 or League 2 have been decided, although some teams are on the verge of edging over the line.
Norwich City, Luton Town and Lincoln City look well placed to win their respective leagues, but who will go up with them is less clear.
Read on as we look at the race for promotion in each division.
Norwich look good in the Championship
Norwich are five points clear of the chasing pack in the Championship with six games to play and look a good bet to secure on of the two automatic promotion places.
An eight-game winning run cranked up the pressure on their rivals and the Canaries now appear to be cruising into the Premier League.
Leeds United and Sheffield United are fighting it out for the other spot, with the losers of that particular battle set to end up in the play-offs.
Punters using the Virgin Casino promo code may be tempted to back one of the two Yorkshire sides to go up via that route, although Aston Villa are a major threat following their recent resurgence.
Hatters set for back-to-back promotions
Luton have lost just four times in League 1 this term and seem destined to win promotion for the second successive year.
Sunderland, Barnsley, Portsmouth and Charlton Athletic are fighting for the other spot, although the Black Cats appear most likely team to win that race.
Too many drawn games have hindered Sunderland’s title bid, but Jack Ross’ side should prove too strong for their rivals during the run-in.
Barnsley and Portsmouth look best of the rest, with the south coast side marginally fancied to secure promotion to the Championship via the play-offs.
Imps a cut above in League 2
Lincoln have been a dominant force this season and would be worthy winners of League 2.
There is a four-way battle for the other two spots, with Mansfield, MK Dons, Bury and Tranmere Rovers all in the mix.
Tranmere have been one of the form sides in the division over the last few weeks, while the other trio have all been wobbling.
They could well force their way into an automatic spot over the next few weeks to go up to League 1 alongside Lincoln and MK Dons.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family