Paris (AFP) – Football legend Pele said Friday he was feeling “much better” after receiving hospital treatment in Paris for a urinary tract infection.
“The anti-biotics are working… I feel so much better,” the 78-year-old Brazilian said on his official Twitter account.
“Thank you for all your love!” he told his fans, joking: “I think I’m ready to play again.”
The three-time World Cup winner was admitted to a Paris hospital on Wednesday, the day after appearing at a promotional event with France striker Kylian Mbappe.
Pele’s declining health has been a cause for concern in recent times, and the meeting with Mbappe — the only other teenager apart from Pele to score in a World Cup final — had already been postponed last November.
Previously, Pele had admitted to not feeling robust enough to light the flame at the opening ceremony of the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Before that, he spent time in intensive care in Brazil in late 2014 following a kidney complaint.
On Tuesday, the man who was named FIFA’s player of the 20th century spent the entirety of his encounter with Mbappe sitting down, but appeared on good form at the event organised by a watch manufacturer.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Vitinha joins PSG in club’s first off-season signing
- Serie A reaches TV rights deal with Abu Dhabi Media
- ESPN reveals Women’s Euro 2022 commentators and analysts
- Barcelona sell 10% of Liga TV rights to US fund
- How Antonio Conte revitalized Spurs into an elite side
- Morata to return to Atletico as loan at Juventus ends
- Tottenham closing on deal for Everton’s Richarlison – reports
- England’s White eyes Euro glory to cap glorious career
- With royal backing and a Snoop Dogg rap, Malaysia minnows challenge best in Asia
- LAFC ‘perfect for me’ — Chiellini