Milan (AFP) – Inter Milan defender Stefan de Vrij will miss Sunday’s Serie A game against his former club Lazio after picking up a thigh injury playing for the Netherlands.
The 27-year-old underwent an MRI scan which showed “an issue with the adductor muscle in his right thigh”, Inter said.
“De Vrij will now undergo his own personalised training regime and he’ll be reassessed at the start of next week,” the statement added.
He missed the Netherlands’ 3-2 defeat by Germany in Euro 2020 qualifying after playing in a 4-0 win over Belarus last week.
De Vrij scored his second goal for Inter in a 3-2 Milan derby win before the international break as Luciano Spalletti’s side moved third in Serie A, two points ahead of their city rivals.
Juventus still have a 15-point cushion over second-placed Napoli at the top of the table, with Inter 22 points behind the champions.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- England under pressure to make home advantage count at Euro 2022
- US, Jamaica women win in World Cup, Olympic qualifying event
- Ronaldo’s power play puts pressure on Ten Hag
- Galtier appointed PSG coach on two-year deal: sources
- Veteran Quagliarella extends Samp stay to 2023
- Marseille name Croat Igor Tudor as new coach
- PSG tipped to finalise appointment of Galtier as coach
- Barcelona seal double swoop for Kessie, Christensen
- Work to be completed well before World Cup: organisers
- Switzerland to Salford: Four days of groundhopping across Europe