Manchester United vs Liverpool
Premier League 2018/19
Sunday 24th February, 14:05pm GMT
Old Trafford, Manchester
Manchester United vs Liverpool Preview
Manchester United will be looking to put a dent in Liverpool’s Premier League title dreams when the two rivals meet at Old Trafford on Super Sunday.
The Merseyside club head into the weekend level on points with Manchester City but with this being their game in hand. The Citizens face Chelsea in the EFL Cup final shortly after the action at Old Trafford has concluded.
Both teams are coming off matches earlier in the week – Manchester United were comfortable 2-0 winners at Chelsea in the FA Cup on Monday night, whilst Liverpool were held 0-0 at home by Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League second round tie.
The two rivals will be back in Premier League action three days after this one when United go to Crystal Palace and Liverpool host Watford in what has been a busy month for two of England’s giants.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was won 11 of his 13 matches as caretaker manager of the Red Devils but this weekend will certainly be his toughest test to date in the Premier League. I’m going for a score draw on this one, with a 1-1 scoreline available at 11/2. Your stake can be increased with a blacktype coupon too.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Team News
Manchester United will be without forwards Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard after they both picked up injuries in the first half of their defeat to Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League earlier this month.
Solskjaer went with Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford up front with Juan Mata in the number 10 role for their FA Cup tie last time out. The Norwegian does have Alexis Sanchez has an option to play on either flank though.
The United boss will continue to be without full-backs Antonio Valencia and Matteo Darmian as well. The latter has barely featured this season whilst Ashley Young will continue to play at right-back in the Ecuadorian’s absence.
Virgil van Dijk will be fresh as he was suspended midweek but fellow centre-backs Joe Gomez and Dejan Lovren remain injured. Trent Alexander-Arnold started midweek after a couple of weeks on the sidelines.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is the only other absentee for Jurgen Klopp – the England international has been out since the end of last season.
Manchester United vs Liverpool Predicted Lineups
Manchester United (4-3-3): David de Gea; Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Luke Shaw; Nemanja Matic, Ander Herrera, Paul Pogba; Juan Mata, Marcus Rashford, Alexis Sanchez
Liverpool (4-3-3): Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson; Fabinho, James Milner, Georginio Wijnaldum; Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane
Prediction: Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool
Liverpool were comfortable 3-1 winners at Anfield back in December with Xherdan Shaqiri scoring a brace. That cost Jose Mourinho his job as Manchester United manager.
After that, in came Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the Red Devils have overturned an 11-point deficit on Chelsea to move into four place, nine games later.
The attack is the strongest asset of both this teams who have been scoring a lot domestically. I am going for a score draw in this one and you can get 6/10 on Both Teams to Score.
Odds of 11/2 are available on Sunday’s game ending 1-1.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family