Monaco (AFP) – Thierry Henry said on Sunday that he regretted insulting an opposing player as Monaco were thrashed at home by Strasbourg, adding that he should have stuck to swearing in English.
Television cameras caught Monaco coach shouting abuse at defender Kenny Lala during a 5-1 defeat on Saturday.
“Yes, I regret these words,” Henry said.
“It’s not the first time,” he said, adding: “Sometimes I do it in English.”
“I just reacted, I’m sorry, yes, but I’m only human.”
“Maybe in English it wouldn’t have been as noticable,” Henry said. “No, I’m joking. I should not do it.”
Just before half-time, with Strasbourg winning, 2-1, Lala was delaying a throw when Henry was caught by French TV complaining and shouting obscenities about the defender’s grand-mother.
On Sunday Henry said “it a street expression, unfortunately.”
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Premier League’s most underrated XI in the 2021/22 season
- Marseille secure Champions League place as Bordeaux go down
- RB Leipzig win first German Cup trophy
- Ten-man RB Leipzig win German Cup final on penalties
- La Rochelle boost Top 14 play-off hopes ahead of Euro final
- Fiorentina beat Juve to reach Conference League, Atalanta out of Europe
- ‘Very happy’ Mbappe snubs Real Madrid to stay at PSG
- Lyon beat Barca to claim eighth Women’s Champions League
- Which countries are FIFA World Cup rivals?
- Rangers lift Scottish Cup trophy after Europa League heartache