Milan (AFP) – Inter Milan will not appeal their two-match stadium closure imposed after racist chanting directed towards Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, the Serie A club confirmed on Tuesday.
Inter were ordered to play two domestic matches behind closed doors for the abuse of Koulibaly during their Serie A clash on December 26.
The club said they would not appeal the Lega Serie A decision, and have asked the Italian football federation if they can invite local schoolchildren to the match against Sassuolo on January 19.
The stadium will be closed for Sunday’s Italian Cup tie against Benevento.
Koulibaly was subjected to monkey noises from the crowd several times during Inter’s 1-0 win, leading Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti to ask for the match to be halted three times, without success.
There were also violent clashes before the game during which an Inter supporter was killed after being hit by a car.
Inter will also have to play another game with their North Stand closed.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Sebastian Hoeness sacked by Hoffenheim
- Ranking World Cup 2022 stadiums from best to worst
- Brazilian football clubs open doors to foreign investors
- Where to find Southampton vs. Liverpool on US TV
- Where to find Nottingham Forest vs. Sheffield United on US TV
- Legacy on the line for Rangers in Europa League final
- Rangers and Frankfurt roll back the years for retro Europa League final
- Klopp confident Salah, Van Dijk fit for Champions League final
- Newcastle blow up Arsenal’s Champions League dream
- Clint Dempsey joins FOX Sports for World Cup 2022 coverage