Milan (AFP) – Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado has undergone successful surgery on his left knee, Serie A champions Juventus confirmed on Friday.
The 30-year-old picked up the injury during Juventus’s 2-1 Champions League defeat to Young Boys in Switzerland two weeks ago.
The club said Cuadrado “underwent an arthroscopic treatment .. which was perfectly successful” following meniscus and cartilage damage.
“The player will begin the recovery process in the next few days,” Juventus added without giving details for how long he will be sidelined.
Italian press have estimated that the player could be out for up to three months which would rule him out of the Champions League last 16 fixtures against Atletico Madrid in February.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- The Spaniard raised at Barcelona who made Hong Kong football history
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant once more
- Harmony reigns as Ancelotti and Real Madrid proves a winning combination
- Real Madrid remain Europe’s most valuable football club: report
- Tearful Mourinho hails Conference League ‘history’ for Roma
- Mbappe’s rumored benefits allow too much power for one player
- Zaniolo fires Roma to Conference League triumph over Feyenoord
- Kompany ‘parts ways’ with Belgium’s Anderlecht
- FOX & fuboTV’s UEFA Nations League plans raise concerns
- Robertson urges Scotland to put sentiment aside in Ukraine play-off