Rome (AFP) – Serie A giants Inter Milan on Thursday announced former Juventus supremo Giuseppe Marotta as their new Chief Executive Officer Sport.
Marotta was recently ousted by Juventus following an eight-year spell as CEO in which he oversaw many of the club’s recruitment operations in a spell which reaped seven Serie A titles, four Italian Cups and two runners-up finishes in the Champions League.
Inter announced on their website: “FC Internazionale Milano announce the appointment of Giuseppe Marotta as Chief Executive Officer Sport. The highly experienced executive begins his role immediately and will be responsible for the entire sports area of the club.
“FC Internazionale Milano will adopt a co-CEO model, in which Marotta will work alongside Alessandro Antonello, who becomes Chief Executive Officer Corporate in charge of all corporate activities.”
Chinese-owned Inter’s president, Steven Zhang, said: “This is an important change for the club in line with our objective of becoming a winning football club and a successful company.
“As Inter, we want to win, entertain, inspire and connect people through football. Beppe is one of the best executives in the football industry and will help us to achieve our goals.”
Marotta said: “I am happy and proud to be beginning a new professional challenge at a prestigious club such as Inter.
“President Steven Zhang has an ambitious project and I am looking forward to becoming an active part of that.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Arsenal face Chelsea, Everton and Orlando on US summer tour
- ‘All heroes’ – Trapp hails support as Frankfurt win Europa League
- Eintracht Frankfurt beat Rangers on penalties to win Europa League
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women footballers
- Tuchel tells Chelsea to prepare for ‘rebuilding’ to keep up with rivals
- Charlotte vs Chelsea tickets on sale for July 20 clash
- ‘Uncomfortable’ Magath plots against old club Hamburg in play-off
- Senegal probing feared homophobic attack by mob
- Lampard warns Everton against treating Palace clash as ‘all-or-nothing’ game
- ‘Historic’ equal pay deal for US men and women soccer teams