Connect with us

Soccer On TV

How to stream soccer to your TV

How to stream soccer to your TV

Here is how to stream soccer to your TV, finally summarized in the modern era.

The past 12 months have seen dramatic changes in the way that we watch soccer games in the United States. With the launch of NBC Sports Gold, B/R Live and ESPN+ — just to name a few — the number of games that are only available via streaming has skyrocketed.

With all of the changes and options available via streaming services, we can still watch these great games on our TV set even if the matches are only being streamed.

But how? We explain in the video below with step-by-step instructions.

How to stream soccer to your TV

As well as soccer matches, you can also stream all of your favorite channels. We’ve created a streaming comparison including PlayStation Vue, Sling TV and fuboTV to give you a better idea of what’s available.

Links:

200+ Channels With Sports & News
  • Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
  • Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
  • Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
  • Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
  • Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
  • Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
  • Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
  • Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
  • Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
  • Price: $4.99/mo
  • Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
  • Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
  • Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
  • Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
  • Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
15 Comments

15 Comments

1. JN

September 10, 2018 at 6:25 pm

I haven’t had many issues with ESPN+ either.

One thing that does not seem to be supported on the streaming services is SAP. Many La Liga games are on the BeIN Spanish channel, and while no commentary or language I don’t speak is better than someone that just drones with zero enthusiasm, there are still some decent announcers on the world feeds. It seems that SAP is supposed on BeIn connect on the extra channels, but some of us call that BeIn disconnect for a reason.

As far as I know, there is no SAP for Spanish speakers on these services either… say a UEFA CL game on B/R Live that is not on Univision. Would be nice for all to have options.

2. Steve

September 9, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Nice video, BUT it is not true at all you will forget you are watching streaming. The quality is NOT as good as a true cable or satellite signal. You will definitely tell the difference. Streaming is an inferior signal, period.

• CTBlues

September 10, 2018 at 8:46 am

Your streaming quality is totally dependent on how fast your internet service is and the hardware you use (modem, router, and player).

• JP

September 10, 2018 at 11:10 am

Not the case for live sports. Streaming to my TV for the 1st time via ESPN+ for Serie A (Fire Stick) and the picture is clear, but there is greater motion blur and the players seem to skip at times (not sure for the technical term). Think it has to do with the refresh rates used by the service.

• Jeff Pony

September 10, 2018 at 11:14 am

This is not accurate. I have an excellent internet modem and fast speed. I have learned you are at the mercy of how the internet platform you are using wants to act that day. MLB.TV buffers a lot. I turn on games and it can be in the 4th inning on the TV but in the 5th inning in real time. There can be 1 to 2 minute delays with internet streaming compared to actually watching via satellite or cable feed. When you get alerts on your cell phone before the play actually happens on your internet feed, it shows that true live TV can’t be topped.

• Christopher Harris

September 10, 2018 at 11:39 am

To be fair, even live TV is not live. There’s usually anywhere from a 7 second to 20 second delay. Sometimes for games we’re watching, it can even be up to a minute (we’ve seen this when FOX has tried to squeeze too many commercials in before a game starts, and then broadcasts the game “live” even though they’re a minute or more behind).

• Macsimillian

September 10, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Thank you for these details, I’ve wondered endlessly how networks broadcasts work. So much change

• CTBlues

September 10, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Turn the notifications off on your phone.

• CTBlues

September 10, 2018 at 12:32 pm

I have never had any issues using ESPN+ on my Roku 4K or my Chromecast 4k. I have also never have issues with MLB.tv it is probably the best streaming service.

• Nelson Arblaster

September 11, 2018 at 8:28 am

It’s upsetting that games are being put behind the streaming pay-wall but that doesn’t mean streaming is inferior these days. It’s come a long way. Cable/sat tv resolution has not improved in nearly 15 yrs for 98% of the channels. The bar is set so low by cable/sat (720p or 1080i resolution) that streaming is equal if not superior these days with a decent internet speed. I’ve streamed games on my iPhone and casted them onto my 150” 4K Projector screen and they’ve looked better than the Directv broadcast!

3. Ricardo Estupinan

September 8, 2018 at 1:08 am

I’m more interested in the Champions league and the MLS.,.SPECIALLY STARTING NOW, PLAY OFFS AND THE FINAL. THANK YOU.

4. Ricardo Estupinan

September 8, 2018 at 1:05 am

Please do not send anything about this thing you call football here, My game is the real Football,…the one invented by the Brits, and is played all over the World. This game here you can call it anything you want but to me that’s not Football. I imagine you speak English right?,…what the hell is soccer!, ..You just like the name FOOTBALL,..WELL IT’S PLAY WITH THE FEET, NOT WITH THHANDS AND JUST PUSHING AND PUSHING LIKE IDIOTS. I came here fifty yrs ago,..went once in L A to watch a ” football game, the Rams vs Cow Boys, my God, what a bored, I left 15 mins after the game started. There is nothing to it, not beauty, not fines, nothing to me that justified the screaming and of all those Idiots there. It’s just the media with all that make this game interested to this idiots. The real Football in the other hand has beauty, spectacular plays, etc, etc….I have American born friends that have gone once to a World Football match and get hook to it and love it. Just look at the crowds in Seattle, Portland, Atlanta and tell me what do you see in the crowds, nothing but American young people. Ok, thank you for reading…bue.

• Clueless

September 8, 2018 at 12:16 pm

You are nuts, seek help immediately.

• AmericanFootballHater

September 8, 2018 at 4:05 pm

and you are natural born IDIOT. Nothing to say more to your idiotic comment.

• Mark Williamson

October 15, 2018 at 7:59 am

Ricardo, I get your passion with futbol and I agree how it is my favorite and a beautiful game. Don;t need to be harsh on the people who do watch American football. I don’t get it but hey…