Swansea City host Leeds United on Tuesday in a game that promises to be an excellent pointer for both sides’ chances of winning promotion to the Premier League.
With both teams starting the season strongly, Swansea sponsors Bet UK are predicting over 2.5 goals for this fixture – see the official preview and predictions here.
The Welsh club followed up victories over Sheffield United and Preston North End with a 0-0 draw at Birmingham City as they bid to secure a return to the top flight at the first time of asking.
Leeds have also made an impressive start to the Championship season under new manager Marcelo Bielsa.
The Whites have defeated Stoke City, Derby County and Rotherham United, and the manner of their victories has got fans dreaming of promotion.
Bielsa’s high-energy style of football has worked wonders so far, but Tuesday’s game at the Liberty Stadium will probably be their toughest test to date.
The two sides haven’t faced each since the 2010/11 season. Leeds won 2-1 at Elland Road, but Swansea gained their revenge in the reverse fixture with a 3-0 victory.
After falling out of the Premier League last season, Swansea have gone under the radar a little at the start of the new campaign.
New boss Graham Potter previously enjoyed success in Sweden, taking fourth-tier minnows Ostersunds FK into the top division and the last 32 of the Europa League.
There is optimism around Potter’s appointment, although fans remain distrusting of the club’s board after last season’s horror show.
The 43-year-old is still hoping to add a few loan players to his squad before the transfer windows closes at the end of August, but it would be a surprise if he can lead them to promotion in his first year in charge.
However, Leeds look well equipped to mount a serious challenge this season. Bielsa’s quirky methods have already endeared him to the club’s faithful and that support could stand them in good stead.
His side have already shown that they can rise to different challenges. Following the euphoria of their performances against Stoke and Derby, the Whites had to dig deep to see off Rotherham.
With summer signings like Patrick Bamford yet to see any significant game time and the prospect of further loan additions to come, Leeds look a good bet to seal a top two spot in the Championship this term.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more