NBC Sports Group’s coverage of the 2018-19 Premier League season kicks off three days from today, on Friday, August 10, when Manchester United host Leicester City at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN and Universo. Continuing its annual tradition of a trip to the United Kingdom, NBC Sports Group’s U.S.-based Premier League team will open the season on the road, as the entire announce team works together on-location in the U.K. for kickoff of the 2018-19 Premier League season (more info below).
Man United – entering their third season under manager Jose Mourinho – are still in search of their first Premier League title since 2012-13, the club’s final season under legendary boss Sir Alex Ferguson. The Red Devils are expected to be led once again by international superstars David De Gea, Paul Pogba, Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku, who led the club with 16 Premier League goals last season. Meanwhile, Leicester City, led by forward Jamie Vardy (20 goals last season, fourth-most in PL), will be looking to improve upon last season’s ninth-place finish. Coverage begins Friday at 1:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN with Premier League Live.
On Saturday, August 11, live Premier League coverage begins at 6:30 a.m. ET with Premier League Mornings from Molineux Stadium on NBCSN, followed by Newcastle v. Tottenham at 7:30 a.m.ET on NBCSN and Universo. World Cup Golden Boot winner Harry Kane and Tottenham are hoping to improve on last season’s 3rd-place finish.
Saturday at 10 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Universo host coverage of Huddersfield v. Chelsea, with Bournemouth v. Cardiff City; Fulham v. Crystal Palace; and Watford v. Brighton & Hove Albion Saturday at 10 am ET on NBC Sports Gold. Coverage continues Saturday at 12:30 p.m. ET when Wolverhampton Wanderers host Everton on NBC.
Live Premier League coverage on Sunday, August 12, begins at 7:30 a.m. ET on NBCSN with Premier League Mornings from Emirates Stadium. Sunday at 8:30 a.m. ET, Liverpool and last season’s top scorer Mohamed Salah begin their search of the club’s first ever Premier League title against West Ham on NBCSN and Telemundo. In addition, NBC Sports Gold hosts coverage of Southampton v. Burnley this Sunday at 8:30 a.m. ET.
Manchester City begin their title defense against Arsenal, who will begin a new era under new head coach Unai Emery after 22 years under Arsene Wenger this Sunday at 11 a.m. ET on NBCSN and Telemundo. Man City broke every notable Premier League record last season – including points, wins, goals, goal difference and title-winning margin – en route to their third title in the last seven seasons. This season, Pep Guardiola’s men will look to become the first club to win back-to-back titles since Manchester United won three straight from 2007-09. The Gunners are coming off a sixth-place finish last season, their lowest finish since 1994-95.
Rebecca Lowe will host the Premier League Live and Premier League Mornings pre- and post-match shows on-site at each match, joined by a revolving combination of analysts, including the U.S.-based team of Robbie Earle, Kyle Martino and Robbie Mustoe. Arlo White will call the matches, and make pre-match and post-match appearances from NBC’s pitch-side locations. Earle, Martino and Mustoe will each call a match with White. They will join NBC’s UK-based team of Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux for 21 hours of live on-site Premier League coverage across four days.
Coverage begins this Thursday, August 9, with a special three-hour Premier League Live: Transfer Deadline Day show live from Old Trafford at 11 a.m. ET on NBCSN.
Here’s the schedule of soccer commentators for the weekend Premier League matches (all times Eastern):
Thursday, August 9
Friday, August 10
Saturday, August 11
Bournemouth vs. Cardiff, 10am, NBC Sports Gold — Tony Jones and Keith Andrews
Fulham vs. Crystal Palace, 10am, NBC Sports Gold — Gary Taphouse and Tony Gale
Watford vs. Brighton, 10am, NBC Sports Gold — Guy Havord and Don Goodman
Sunday, August 12
Southampton vs. Burnley, 8:30am, NBC Sports Gold — Ian Crocker and Andy Walker
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Vietnam erupts in celebration as SEA Games hosts win football gold
- Mbappe in position of power at PSG after agreeing to new deal
- Russia captain Dzyuba quits Zenit
- Man City, Liverpool set for judgement day in title race
- Where to find Boca Juniors vs. Tigre on US TV
- Mbappe snub leaves Real Madrid reeling as reality of new world order sets in
- Where to find Crystal Palace vs. Man United on US TV
- Where to find Brentford vs. Leeds on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Aston Villa on US TV
- Where to find Norwich vs. Spurs on US TV