Turner Sports has announced pricing details and more coverage plans for its B/R Live streaming service, which will be broadcasting every single game of the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League and Europa League competitions to viewers in the United States.
The pricing plans range from individual matches ($2.99 per game), a monthly subscription ($9.99) or an annual plan ($79.99).
With a subscription to the streaming service, you’ll have access to more than 340 live Champions League and Europa League games per season including everything from the Group Stage (beginning in September) through to the finals (in late May and early June). B/R Live also streams select matches from the Scottish Premiership, Belgium Jupiler League, Polish Cup and Swiss Cup. Bleacher Report Live is available online, as well as by downloading the B/R Live app through iTunes or Google Play, and/or via Apple TV, the Roku platform and Amazon Fire TV.
In a seismic shift in how consumers are offered UEFA Champions League and Europa League matches in the United States, the only Europa League game featured on television will be the final (on TNT and B/R Live on May 29). Meanwhile, TNT will televise 46 UEFA Champions League games throughout the season. That’s in stark contrast to FOX Sports’ coverage of the Champions League where they showed 146 games per season on television. For the Europa League, FOX Sports had 205 Europa League matches on TV compared to TNT’s one.
TNT is in more homes than FOX Sports 1 though. TNT is in 90 million homes, which trumps FS1’s 84 million households.
Speaking of the actual coverage itself, pre-match, halftime and post-match studio shows will be available on both B/R Live and TNT, with the lineup consisting of the following:
• B/R Football Matchday: One-hour pre-match show airing at noon ET on UEFA Champions League match days,
• B/R Football Halftime: Halftime show during UEFA Champions League matches,
• B/R Football Extra Time: A bridge show airing on TNT in between UEFA Champions League matches,
• B/R Football Postmatch: A 30-minute post-match show recapping the day’s UEFA Champions League action.
As of press time, Kate Abdo and Steve Nash have been already announced as two of the talent that will be bringing the coverage to you (with Abdo taking the role of host while she continues to work for FOX Sports).
Regarding announcers, all matches will use the world feed for commentators.
One of the biggest changes that soccer fans will notice with the UEFA Champions League coverage for the 2018/19 season is the kickoff time. Instead of most of the matches kicking off at 2:45pm ET on a UEFA Champions League matchday, they will be begin at either 12:55pm ET or 3pm ET, which will allow broadcasters to feature a double-header of soccer coverage (see below):
• Group Stage: Tuesday, Sept. 18, through Wednesday, Dec. 12, with weekly matches held Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 12:55 p.m. ET and 3 p.m. ET. All matches will be available on B/R Live, with one match per game window (two each day) televised on TNT,
• Round of 16: Tuesday, Feb. 12, through Wednesday, March 13, with matches on B/R Live and TNT each Tuesday and Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET
• Quarterfinals: Tuesday-Wednesday, April 9-10 and April 16-17, with live coverage on B/R Live and TNT at 3 p.m. ET
• Semifinals: Tuesday-Wednesday, April 30-May 1 and May 7-8, with matches on B/R Live and TNT at 3 p.m. ET
• Final: Saturday, June 1, at 3 p.m. ET on B/R Live and TNT
Live UEFA match coverage will include the upcoming UEFA Super Cup – Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid – held Wednesday, Aug. 15, at 3 p.m. ET, and available on both B/R Live and TNT.
UEFA Champions League action will immediately follow with the Playoff Round (play-in rounds), held Tuesday-Wednesday, Aug. 21-22 and Aug. 28-29, with all matches available on B/R Live and TNT at 3 p.m. ET.
All UEFA Europa League matches will be available through B/R Live including:
• Group Stage: (Thursdays) Sept. 20, Oct. 4, Oct. 25, Nov. 8, Nov. 29 and Dec. 13 at 12:55 p.m. ET and 3 p.m. ET
• Round of 32: (Thursdays) Feb. 14 and Feb. 21, at 12:55 p.m. ET and 3 p.m. ET
• Round of 16: (Thursdays), March 7 and March 14, at 12:55 p.m. ET and 3 p.m. ET
• Quarterfinals: (Thursdays), April 11 and April 18, at 3 p.m. ET
• Semifinals: (Thursdays), May 2 and May 9, at 3 p.m. ET
• Final: Wednesday, May 29, at 3 p.m. ET, on B/R Live and TNT
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family