After broadcasting 64 World Cup games live across Telemundo, Universo and NBCSN, Telemundo Deportes delivered an average of 2.026 million viewers per game and achieved several other noteworthy milestones.
In total, Telemundo Deportes’ complete presentation of all 2018 World Cup matches reached 36.6 million TV viewers, exceeding the Spanish-language reach for the 2010 tournament by +13% (32.3 million), and coming within 1.3 million of the 2014 World Cup (37.9 million) – despite fewest Latin American countries since 2016.
The Final match, a 4-2 win by France over Croatia, posted a Total Audience Delivery average of 5.45 million across Telemundo, TelemundoDeportes.com, and the Telemundo En Vivo and NBC Sports apps, and a TV-only viewership average 5.32 million viewers.
Hispanics make up 18% of the U.S. population, and yet Telemundo Deportes makes up 41% of the average World Cup viewership (average split for all games through Final (1.9 million vs 2.8 million).
The World Cup posted the greatest 32-day performance in network history, reaching 57% of the U.S. Hispanic population, setting records for the network’s most-watched daytime for every day of the week.
• Telemundo ranked as the #1 Spanish-language network in Total Day viewership for 14 consecutive days among Adults 18-49 (June 15-June 28)
• Telemundo ranks as the #1 Spanish-language broadcast network in Total Day for the full tournament, outperforming its closest competition by +39% among total viewers (through July 12, based on latest available information)
Telemundo’s Mexico-Germany Group Stage match on June 17 ranked as the second-most watched match of the entire World Cup tournament (only behind the English-language World Cup final), averaging 6.58 million viewers for the full program (10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET) and 7.13 million viewers for the two-hour match.
• Marked the first time that a Spanish-language broadcast ranked among the top two in a World Cup tournament since 2002.
• Posted as the most-watched World Cup Group Stage match in Spanish-language TV history.
Telemundo’s 2018 World Cup the biggest livestream sports event and the 50 most-livestreamed games in Spanish language history.
• The Mexico-Sweden Group Stage finale peaked at 1.02 million concurrent livestreams – the most for any event in NBC Sports Digital history, excluding Super Bowls, and the only event other than the Super Bowl to hit the 1 million mark.
• Telemundo Deportes’ digital presentation reached 15.5 million unique users, generating a record-setting 130 million livestreams AND 1.96 BILLION live minutes viewed.
In 56 Telemundo game windows, World Cup matches ranked #1 among Adults 18-49 in Spanish-language 93% of the time in the Top 14 Hispanic markets with Local People Meters (730 of 784 windows in those markets).
• Telemundo stations in Los Angeles (KVEA), Miami (WSCV) and Houston (KTMD) had the MOST World Cup viewership in their markets – regardless of language – ranking #1 overall among Adults 18-49, 25-54 and total viewers.
Here are the viewership numbers for the World Cup games televised by Telemundo (note that these are the average TV viewership and the numbers do not reflect online viewership):
|DATE & KICKOFF TIME||GAME||AVG VIEWERS||TEL OR UNI|
|Thurs., June 14; 11am ET||Russia-Saudi Arabia||1,370,000||Telemundo|
|Fri., June 15, 8am ET||Egypt-Uruguay||1,190,000||Telemundo|
|Fri., June 15, 11am ET||Morocco-Iran||949,000||Telemundo|
|Fri., June 15, 2pm ET||Portugal-Spain||1,840,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., June 16, 6am ET||France-Australia||490,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., June 16, 9am ET||Argentina-Iceland||2,210,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., June 16, Noon ET||Peru-Denmark||2,450,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., June 16, 3pm ET||Croatia-Nigeria||1,930,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., June 17, 8am ET||Costa Rica-Serbia||1,660,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., June 17, 11am ET||Mexico-Germany||7,120,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., June 17, 2pm ET||Brazil-Switzerland||4,350,000||Telemundo & NBCSN|
|Mon., June 18, 8am ET||Korea-Sweden||746,000||Telemundo|
|Mon. June 18, 11am ET||Belgium-Panama||1,600,000||Telemundo|
|Mon., June 18, 2pm ET||England-Tunisia||1,430,000||Telemundo|
|Tues., June 19, 8am ET||Colombia-Japan||1,520,000||Telemundo|
|Tues., June 19, 11am ET||Poland-Senegal||1,200,000||Telemundo|
|Tues., June 19, 2pm ET||Russia-Egypt||1,260,000||Telemundo|
|Weds., June 20, 8am ET||Portugal-Morocco||1,270,000||Telemundo|
|Weds., June 20, 11am ET||Uruguay-Saudi Arabia||1,390,000||Telemundo|
|Weds., June 20, 2pm ET||Iran-Spain||1,630,000||Telemundo|
|Thurs., June 21, 8am ET||Denmark-Australia||913,000||Telemundo|
|Thurs., June 21, 11am ET||Peru-France||1,950,000||Telemundo|
|Thurs., June 21, 2pm ET||Argentina-Croatia||2,030,000||Telemundo|
|Fri., June 22, 8am ET||Brazil-Costa Rica||1,560,000||Telemundo|
|Fri., June 22, 11am ET||Nigeria-Iceland||1,340,000||Telemundo|
|Fri., June 22, 2pm ET||Serbia-Switzerland||1,410,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., June 23, 8am ET||Belgium-Tunisia||1,270,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., June 23, 11am ET||Korea-Mexico||6,600,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., June 23, 2pm ET||Germany-Sweden||3,430,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., June 24, 8am ET||England-Panama||1,510,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., June 24, 11am ET||Japan-Senegal||2,380,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., June 24, 2pm ET||Poland-Colombia||3,540,000||Telemundo|
|Mon., June 25, 10am ET||Uruguay-Russia||1,670,000||Telemundo|
|Mon., June 25, 10am ET||Egypt-Saudi Arabia||38,000||Universo|
|Mon., June 25, 2pm ET||Iran-Portugal||1,670,000||Telemundo|
|Mon., June 25, 2pm ET||Spain-Morocco||153,000||Universo|
|Tues., June 26, 10am ET||Denmark-France||81,000||Universo|
|Tues., June 26, 10am ET||Australia-Peru||1,500,000||Telemundo|
|Tues., June 26, 2pm ET||Nigeria-Argentina||2,390,000||Telemundo|
|Tues., June 26, 2pm ET||Croatia-Iceland||41,000||Universo|
|Weds., June 27, 10am ET||Mexico-Sweden||4,420,000||Telemundo|
|Weds., June 27, 10am ET||Korea-Germany||151,000||Universo|
|Weds., June 27, 2pm ET||Serbia-Brazil||2,120,000||Telemundo|
|Weds., June 27, 2pm ET||Switzerland-Costa Rica||109,000||Universo|
|Thurs., June 28, 10am ET||Senegal-Colombia||1,890,000||Telemundo|
|Thurs., June 28, 10am ET||Japan-Poland||29,000||Universo|
|Thurs., June 28, 2pm ET||England-Belgium||1,360,000||Telemundo & NBCSN|
|Thurs., June 28, 2pm ET||Panama-Tunisia||89,000||Universo|
|Sat., June 30, 10am ET||France-Argentina||3,510,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., June 30, 2pm ET||Uruguay-Portugal||3,810,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., July 1, 10am ET||Spain-Russia||3,530,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., July 1, 2pm ET||Croatia-Denmark||3,110,000||Telemundo|
|Mon. July 2, 10am ET||Brazil-Mexico||4,960,000||Telemundo|
|Mon., July 2, 2pm ET||Belgium-Japan||1,610,000||Telemundo|
|Tues., July 3, 10am ET||Sweden-Switzerland||1,280,000||Telemundo|
|Tues., July 3, 2pm ET||Colombia-England||2,940,000||Telemundo|
|Fri., July 6, 10am ET||France-Uruguay||2,080,000||Telemundo|
|Fri., July 6, 2pm ET||Brazil-Belgium||2,900,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., July 7, 10am ET||Sweden-England||1,940,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., July 7, 2pm ET||Russia-Croatia||2,800,000||Telemundo|
|Tues., July 10, 2pm ET||France-Belgium||2,320,000||Telemundo|
|Weds., July 11, 2pm ET||England-Croatia||2,750,000||Telemundo|
|Sat., July 14, 10am ET||Belgium-England||1,570,000||Telemundo|
|Sun., July 15, 11am ET||France-Croatia||5,320,000||Telemundo|
Factoring in the viewership via apps and online, Telemundo’s viewership per World Cup game averaged 2.27 million viewers.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ