The 2018 FIFA World Cup continues to average more than 4 million viewers for every game of the competition across English-language and Spanish-language television combined.
From June 14 to July 3, the US World Cup viewership is averaging 4.17 million on television alone. That includes games from the Group Stage through to the end of the Round of 16 matches. In total, the games have generated more than 233 million viewers not including the millions who have streamed the games on smartphones and other digital devices.
The 4.17 million average across 56 games is impressive considering that (1) that’s 56 games in total so far and (2) some of the games had miniscule audiences because there isn’t a large fanbase in the United States for games such as Egypt-Saudi Arabia (339,000 viewers), Panama-Tunisia (403,000) and Japan-Poland (451,000).
On the other hand, the games that have generated the most viewers thus far are:
• Mexico-Germany: 11,122,000
• Korea-Mexico: 11,033,000
• Uruguay-Portugal: 9,689,000
• Brazil-Mexico: 9,141,000
• Croatia-Denmark: 9,022,000
The TV ratings for the World Cup are doing fine without the US Men’s National Team.
Special Introductory Offer
- Starting price: $10/mo. for Sling Orange+Blue
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & Olympics
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, FS1, FS2 and NBCSN
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Euro 2020, Copa America, Gold Cup & MLS
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more