The 2018 FIFA World Cup is less than a month away and it holds the potential of making many new stars, who’d be remembered for many years to come. The 2014 edition saw the likes of James Rodriguez becoming a superstar. His amazing work with the ball for the Colombian national team won him the Golden Boot award, and he was instantly grabbed by Real Madrid, before finally moving on to Bayern Munich. Memphis Depay, Raphael Varane and Paul Pogba were some other players who shown in that World Cup.
Here’s all the details you need about the FIFA World Cup kickoff times and TV info.
With the biggest football party on the planet starting in Russia on June 14, there are quite a few names who’re although below-the-radar right now, are most likely to shine during the tournament. A great multitude of punters are already backing these players (and their countries) in the World Cup betting markets. If you too are interested in betting on FIFA World Cup 2018, you can see the odds here.
Let’s now take you over the top 3 such below-the-radar players you must follow in the upcoming world cup.
Timo Werner, Germany
The 22 year old forward for Red Bull Leipzig is far ahead of his peers and has rapidly emerged as one of the most prolific scorers for the German national team. He made his international debut in March 2017, as a part of the young German football team and finished the Confederations Cup as one of the top goal scorers, helping Germany win the title. Coming from a wonderful run at RB Leipzig, also having debuted at the European stage, Timo Werner is all set to make an impact at the FIFA World Cup 2018.
Everyone is expecting Joachim Loew to keep the youngster up at the top, with Mesut Ozil at the centre mid, Thomas Muller on the right and Leroy Sane on the left.
While Lionel Messi deserves a lot of praise for his accomplishments, a lot of eyes would also be on a different Argentinian player in this World Cup. One of the major reasons why Paul Dybala hasn’t been in the limelight is because he plays in the same position as Messi. Hence, it’s very rare that you’d see them featured together in the national team. Even when Lionel Messi wasn’t 100% fit to play in the Spain and Italy friendlies in March last year, Dybala wasn’t called up. However, he was included in the provisional roster for the FIFA World Cup. It’s entirely up to their coach Jorge Sampaoli how he unlocks Dybala’s full potential. If he manages to do that, we might see Dybala really shining through in Russia this summer!
The Brazil team manager has already declared Gabriel Jesus to be the front-runner for the World Cup games appearances (ahead of Firmino). The rising Brazilian star is someone whom his countrymen have seen grow up before their eyes. He has already delayed talks with Man City about his new deal until after the World Cup, and wants to stay totally focused on the tournament.
He helped Palmeiras win the Brazilian league, before playing an instrumental role in their U-23 national team’s gold medal win at the 2016 Summer Olympics. He has also been in the limelight for Manchester City, who have won this season’s Premier league title. Don’t be surprised if Gabriel Jesus wins the Golden Boot award once everything is done and dusted in Russia!
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family