In cities across the United States, World Cup fever has arrived. It’s measurable in the form of Panini soccer stickers that are being bought in stores across the country, and the number of empty boxes being left behind that are quickly selling out of the $1 sticker packs.
When I recently attended an event in Florida to trade soccer stickers with fellow Panini addicts, I expected to see more than half of the crowd under the age of 16. To my surprise, most of the crowd were between the ages of 40 and 80 years old. Speaking to the owner of the soccer store where the Panini trading day was held, he explained how it’s mostly parents and grandparents that attend the events.
After spending about two hours at the event and seeing the 75 people come in and out of the store to trade their Panini stickers in the hopes of finishing their collection, I soon witnessed how the hobby of collecting Panini World Cup stickers is something that can be enjoyed by all ages. It’s a tradition that’s passed down from generation to generation. But most importantly for Panini, it’s an addiction that can be enjoyed from birth until death.
There were a handful of kids and young teens participating in the event too, but they walked around the store and played while they let their parents and grandparents get down to the business of trading stickers with other grownups.
And it wasn’t just men who were in abundance at the Panini Trading Day either. There were plenty of grandmothers and mothers with cheatsheets in hand too where they had painstakingly written down the sticker numbers they needed to complete their sticker album.
Judging by the interest in Panini World Cup 2014 stickers, World Cup fever has certainly arrived across the United States.
The stickers and albums are available in stores nationwide, as well as online via eBay and other trusted sellers.
Articles from our series focused on soccer trading cards and stickers:
• Soccer trading cards: Why it’s time to consider investing in the hobby
• What makes soccer trading cards valuable, and why and how to get them graded
• Collecting Panini’s Euro 2020 stickers is a perfect accompaniment to watching the tournament
Videos: Unboxing of soccer cards and stickers
• 2020/21 Obsidian soccer cards
• 2020/21 Topps Museum Collection: UEFA Champions League
• 2018/19, 2019/20 & 2020/21 Topps Bundesliga stickers
• 2020/21 Panini Prizm Premier League
• Euro 2020 Panini stickers
• Panini Chronicles box break featuring Neymar autograph
• Orbis World Cup 1990: The greatest soccer sticker album of all time
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family