Better late than never, FOX Sports finally has released a new ad to promote its coverage of this summer’s FIFA World Cup.
Entitled “Epic,” the new ad that will begin being televised nationally this weekend focuses on the rivalry between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. Not surprisingly, the footballers are two of the three players that FOX Sports has been featuring the most to promote its exclusive English-language coverage of the World Cup, which will be played in Russia this summer. The third star, Neymar, isn’t featured in this ad but will be included in future ads by the American sports network.
In the Messi-Ronaldo ad (featured below), it ends by saying that it doesn’t matter who wins the rivalry between the two greatest footballers in the world. Try telling Argentina and Portugal fans that!
With less than 70 days to go until the 2018 World Cup kicks off, FOX Sports has been behind the eight ball in promoting their coverage of this summer’s tournament. FOX Sports did release a new commercial in January, but details about their coverage plans have been trickling out at a very slow rate compared to Telemundo who have announced major details.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ