Univision Deportes delivered a massive viewing number for Saturday night’s Superclásico between Chivas and América on Spanish-language television in the United States.
The high-stakes matchup between América and Guadalajara averaged 2.5 million viewers on the Univision Network, with simulcast on Univision Deportes Network, and was the top-rated soccer event on any network year-to-date, regardless of language.
The Liga MX Súper Clásico beat ABC’s broadcast of the Boston vs. Houston NBA matchup on Saturday night, attracting +3% Adult 18-49 viewers.
Also, the América vs. Guadalajara Súper Clásico generated over 777,000 video views and 13 million total page views via UnivisionDeportes.com, which represents a +8% and +26% increase, respectively, from the last tournament. The soccer match also generated over 55,000 Livestreams (+23% from the last tournament) from 27,500 Users who additionally consumed over 26,600 Live Clips (video-on-demand) from the match.
On the social media front, this Súper Clásico was the most-watched social program from a Hispanic audience during Primetime that generated over 406,000 total interactions, of which 93% were generated from Facebook.
100+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $29.99/mo. for fubo Español Package
- Watch Premier League, LaLiga, Liga MX & MLS
- Includes NBC, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1, FS2, TUDN, beIN SPORTS and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch LaLiga, Primeira Liga and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $5.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $12.99/mo.)
- Features Serie A, Bundesliga, FA Cup, EFL & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $5.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ