Milan (AFP) – Inter Milan were jeered off the pitch at the San Siro after extending their winless run to eight games with a 1-1 draw against minnows Crotone on Saturday.
Brazilian Eder headed in for the hosts after 23 minutes only for Andrea Barberis to level 15 minutes into the second half to leave Inter without a win in two months.
Inter captain Mauro Icardi was out injured, while Ivan Perisic missed two chances to seal the three points as Inter suffered their fourth consecutive draw at home.
Spalletti’s side remain fourth — 12 points behind league leaders Napoli — with Lazio in third, having a chance to pull four points ahead of Inter when they host Genoa on Monday.
Crotone are now three points above the relegation zone following a 1-1 draw against Cagliari and 3-0 win over Verona in the previous two weeks.
Earlier, Ghanaian Afriyie Acquah scored the equaliser only to be sent off as Torino also settled for a 1-1 draw against European rivals Sampdoria.
Lucas Torreira put the hosts ahead after 11 minutes in Genoa, but Acquah equalised quarter of an hour later before being sent off for a second bookable offence in the second half.
“We had a great performance against a strong Sampdoria, I’m only sorry to have taken only one point,” said Torino coach Walter Mazzarri, who was also banished from the sidelines late on for protesting.
“This team has been reacting really well for four games now and they retain the movements so well it’s like watching a Playstation game.”
Torino missed an early chance when Iago Falque picked up a Joel Obi cross but Sampdoria defender Nicola Murru cleared.
Torreira made no mistake two minutes later, with a free-kick passing through the wall to surprise Torino goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu.
But Acquah levelled in the 25th minute with a shot from the edge of the box which took a massive deflection off Sampdoria defender Gian Marco Ferrari.
Torino could have taken the lead three minutes later with Mbaye Niang’s lob just off target.
Torino lost both Nigerian Obi and Venezuelan Tomas Rincon through injury and were down a man for the final 15 minutes after Acquah was given his marching orders.
Sirigu kept out a Valerio Verre effort in stoppage time as Mazzarri was sent to the stands at his former club after Lorenzo De Silvestri received a blow to the head.
“The referee should have stopped play, so I got angry. Fortunately they didn’t score, otherwise I would’ve been even angrier,” said Mazzarri.
Sampdoria remain sixth — the final Europa League spot — four points ahead of AC Milan who play Udinese on Sunday — with Torino ninth.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Questions for Paris after Champions League ‘fiasco’
- Where to find Fluminense vs. Flamengo on US TV
- Where to find Huddersfield vs. Nottingham Forest on US TV
- Football fans allowed for China’s Covid-delayed kick-off
- Liverpool fans confident Reds will bounce back after Champions League setback
- Salah’s Egyptian fans share in his Champions League misery
- UEFA blames ‘fake tickets’ for Champions League final delay
- Courtois earns respect with heroics to thwart Liverpool in Champions League final
- Liverpool will ‘come again’ after anticlimactic end to stellar season
- ‘I can’t do much more’ to win Ballon d’Or – Benzema