Bologna (Italy) (AFP) – Bologna’s Italy international Simone Verdi has been ruled out of action with a hamstring injury, the Serie A club confirmed on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old forward — reported to have turned down an offer from Napoli this month — picked up the injury in last weekend’s defeat to Maurizio Sarri’s side.
“The first tests on Simone Verdi yesterday revealed that the player has damage to the biceps femoris muscle in his left hamstring,” Bologna said.
“The extent of the injury and estimated recovery time can only be announced after follow-up tests which will be carried out in the coming days.”
Bologna are struggling in 12th — 30 points behind leaders Napoli after 22 games.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- ‘Fake tickets’ to blame for Champions League final delay, UEFA say
- ‘Record man’ Ancelotti puts his landmark down to luck
- Ancelotti keeps calm amid the storm to make Real Madrid champions again
- Which European soccer teams are touring the USA in summer 2022?
- Vinicius strikes as Real Madrid beat Liverpool in Champions League final
- ‘Fake tickets’ to blame for Champions League final delay say UEFA
- Champions League final kicks off late due to ‘fiasco’ outside Stade de France
- Drama as Mamelodi Sundowns complete South African clean sweep
- Liverpool and Real Madrid’s mouth-watering final kicks-off after delay
- Champions League final kick-off delayed ‘for security reasons’