London (AFP) – Liverpool’s Adam Lallana will miss the FA Cup tie with Premier League rivals West Bromwich Albion at Anfield on Saturday.
The England midfielder spent four months out of action at the start of the season with a thigh strain and now, after a run of seven appearances, has been ruled of this weekend’s clash with the Baggies by a minor muscle tear.
“Adam Lallana has a little issue which I think, pretty sure, keeps him out for the next game,” Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp told reporters on Friday.
“It is not a big one but it is how it is when you have a long injury.”
The German added: “Adam had a long injury and then there comes a few things because he needs time again to adapt to the intensity of a Premier League game.
“We tried to be careful with that but obviously so far it didn’t work very well.”
Lallana has managed just one start since returning at the end of November, with James Milner also likely to be absent from Liverpool’s midfield against West Brom because of a leg problem.
But, in better news for the Reds, Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson may return after a month out with a hamstring injury.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Klopp refuses to dream of stunning Premier League title triumph
- Berkane sink Pirates on penalties to maintain Moroccan dominance
- Ecuador World Cup spot at risk after potential ineligible player
- Real Madrid look to Liverpool after goalless draw with Real Betis
- McKennie back in US squad for June friendlies, Nations League
- FIFA to announce 2026 World Cup host cities in June
- Rangers seek Scottish Cup silver lining after Europa pain
- Rangnick to meet Ten Hag as Man Utd seek Europa League salvation
- EPL commentators on NBC: May 22
- Marsch expects to stay on even if Leeds are relegated