Paris (AFP) – Brazilian superstar Neymar looks set to return for Paris Saint-Germain against Dijon on Wednesday after coach Unai Emery included him in the Ligue 1 leaders’ squad on Tuesday.
Neymar missed Sunday’s 1-0 win at Nantes due to a rib injury but Spaniard Emery believes he should be recovered in time.
“Neymar trained well (on Monday). He’ll still feel pain for a few days but he took part in training and finished it well,” said the former Sevilla coach.
“He’ll need a week or two for the pain to pass. He’s fine in non-contact (training) but if he takes a knock in the same area, the pain will persist.
“We’ll see but he should be ready (to face Dijon).”
Brazilian-born Italy international midfielder Thiago Motta is not fit to return from a calf injury, though.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Why possession is not the key factor in 2022 Champions League Final
- Bronze to leave Women’s Super League club Man City
- Ibrahimovic endured sleepless nights to deliver Serie A title for Milan
- Man Utd report revenue increase despite ‘disappointing’ season
- FIFPro sounds alarm over player workloads ahead of Champions League final
- Vote for the 2026 World Cup host cities in North America
- ‘One in a million’ Klopp makes Liverpool a European giant again
- Liverpool’s Diaz from indigenous community that breeds ‘toughness’
- Mbappe’s PSG to play three games in Japan in July
- The Spaniard raised at Barcelona who made Hong Kong football history