Nantes (France) (AFP) – Nantes defender Diego Carlos admitted on Tuesday that he was left flummoxed after being kicked and then sent off by referee Tony Chapron in Sunday’s game against Paris Saint-Germain.
The Brazilian accidentally bumped into the backtracking official as PSG counter-attacked in injury-time of the Ligue 1 leaders’ 1-0 win, with footage of Chapron tumbling to the floor before lashing out at Diego Carlos going viral on social media.
“I did not understand at the time what had happened,” the 24-year-old told Nantes’ website.
“He fell to the ground and then I looked at him when he gave me a kick on the leg and I said ‘what have you done?’ and then he gave me a yellow and a red.”
The red card has since been rescinded, making him available for Wednesday’s match at Toulouse.
“I am very happy that I will be able to play at Toulouse,” he added.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- New Man Utd manager Ten Hag to attend Palace finale – reports
- Bale deserves good Real Madrid farewell, says Ancelotti
- Gabon star Aubameyang retires from international football
- Bale named in Wales squad for World Cup play-off final
- ‘Blood, sweat and tears’ pays off for Abraham as he eyes European glory
- Frankfurt rule out big-name signings despite Europa League windfall
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Leicester on US TV
- Where to find Everton vs Crystal Palace on US TV
- ‘Next Messi’ Bojan learned, suffered in itinerant career
- Finalists Orlando Pirates vow to avoid another Moroccan mauling