Los Angeles (AFP) – Former England defender Ashley Cole, a long-time Premier League star with Arsenal and Chelsea, has signed a one-year deal to remain with the Los Angeles Galaxy, the Major League Soccer club announced Wednesday.
The 37-year-old left back has 55 Galaxy appearances over two seasons, scoring one goal and setting up two others in 29 games for Los Angeles last season.
“We are very excited that Ashley will be returning for us in 2018. He has been a tremendous leader for our club,” Galaxy coach Sigi Schmid said. “He has shown he can be successful in this league and we’re confident that will continue in the season ahead.”
Cole won two Premier League crowns and three FA Cups with Arsenal from 1999 to 2006, then added a Premier League crown, four FA Cups and a UEFA Champions League title from 2006 to 2014 with Chelsea.
He then spent two years at AS Roma before joining the Galaxy in 2016.
Cole played for England in the 2002, 2006 and 2010 World Cups and with more than 100 international appearances became the most capped fullback in English history.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Bad blood stirred by scarf row ahead of German Cup final
- Gerrard only has eyes for Villa despite Premier League drama
- Stones, Walker returns boost Man City for final-day decider
- Managers warn over pitch invasions as police probe Vieira incident
- Losing to Lyon made us better, says Barca’s Bonmati
- World Soccer Talk adds national team schedules and new features
- PSG coach Pochettino in the dark over Mbappe future
- Women’s Euro 2022 on ESPN to air across TV and streaming
- Borussia Dortmund part ways with coach Marco Rose
- Klopp confirms ‘Liverpool legend’ Origi is leaving Anfield