Paris (AFP) – Neymar, who made a three-day trip to Brazil earlier in the week, should be ready to play for Paris Saint-Germain in Ligue 1 this weekend, manager Unai Emery said on Friday.
Neymar flew home to Brazil for three days because of a “family problem” and returned to France on Wednesday. French league leaders PSG play Rennes on Saturday afternoon.
“He’s sorted out his problem,” Emery told a press conference at PSG’s training ground. “He was here yesterday (Thursday) and trained well and for the match you would expect him to be ready to play.”
Asked if Neymar’s numerous trips brought potential fitness risks, Emery said he did not think so.
“He is accustomed to making lots of trips, with the national team as well. He travels a lot and long distances.”
“I think he is in good shape and maintaining his fitness and yesterday in training he worked normally,” Emery said.
Emery said that two injured players, Thiago Silva and Thiago Motta, might make their returns to the squad this weekend.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season