Milan (AFP) – Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan on Monday officially announced the issuing of secured bonds worth 300 million euros ($353 million), maturing in 2022.
The former three-time European champions released a statement via its media administrator, Inter Media and Communication (IMC), confirming the bond offer.
IMC said that the proceeds will be used to repay the club’s existing debts.
Zhang Jindong, whose Suning Group bankrolls Inter Milan, paid nearly 270 million euro ($318 million) for the northern Italian side in June 2016.
The 18-time Serie A champions took out a 230 million euro loan from Goldman Sachs in 2014 through former majority shareholder Erick Thohir, before he sold nearly 70 per cent of the club to Chinese conglomerate Suning Group.
IMC added that Goldman Sachs will be the global coordinator and bookrunner of the offer, with UBI Banca co-managing.
Inter were valued at 495 million euro ($537 million) by business magazine Forbes in June this year.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Romelu Lukaku homecoming provides opportunity at Inter Milan
- Wimbledon, Tour, cricket and rugby find Covid still in the air
- Maldini signs new two-year director deal with AC Milan
- Sampaoli leaves Marseille amid differences with club bosses
- Best still to come from ‘legend’ Salah after signing new Liverpool deal
- Salah ends speculation by signing new Liverpool contract
- Sampaoli leaves Marseille speaking of differences with club bosses
- Add a scarf of your favorite soccer team to our virtual wall
- Sampaoli leaves Marseille before Champions League return
- Moussa Sissoko joins Nantes from Watford