Univision Deportes today announced that it has sublicensed the Spanish-language TV rights in the United States from FOX Deportes for the next three years.
Under the terms of the agreement, FOX Deportes will still broadcast Bundesliga matches in Spanish, but Univision Deportes will air three matches per week across Univision Deportes Network and UniMas as it has been doing for several weeks for this season after getting the broadcasts that GolTV used to air.
Recently, the November 1 match on UniMás between Hertha Berlin and Bayern Munich was the most-viewed Bundesliga match on any network, regardless of language, in the current Bundesliga season among Adults 18-49. With Univision broadcasting Bundesliga matches on US television this season, the Bundesliga has finally been able to unlock how to make the league a success in the United States. The viewing number for the Hertha Berlin-Bayern Munich game was 220,000 viewers (153,000 on UniMas and 67,000 on FS1).
In addition to sharing the Spanish-language Bundesliga rights with FOX Deportes, including bringing more than 20 matches to UniMás – the most from the top German soccer league to ever air on a U.S. broadcast network – Univision Deportes will telecast a weekly preview show on UDN, while also providing fans a total recap of the week’s matches on Monday evenings with a new show called “Somos Bundesliga.” Univision Deportes also has engaged in a content partnership with Bayern Munich, which recently opened an office in the U.S., to bring behind the scenes access and regular interviews with key players, particularly Latin ones, to viewers.
The deal that Univision Deportes has agreed with FOX Sports will see the Spanish-language games for the Bundesliga split between Univision Deportes Network and FOX Deportes until the end of the 2019/20 season, which will be the same time that the English-language rights held by FOX Sports will end.
Univision Deportes also has the US media rights to Liga MX, MLS, Copa MX, CONCACAF Champions League, the US Men’s National Team and the Mexican National Team. Plus, in 2018 Univision Deportes will add the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League to its roster of marquee club soccer tournaments.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family