This past weekend, Turner Sports had a short segment on their NBA show to promote the network’s coverage of the UEFA Champions League, which begins next summer.
In short, the attempt by Turner Sports was awkward, underwhelming and didn’t help fill the viewer with any confidence that the network knows soccer.
The duties of promoting the Champions League coverage fell to their basketball analysts with former player Charles Barkley stating on air, “Any sport that the United States sucks in, we (Turner Sports) should not be involved in.”
— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) November 3, 2017
Is this what we can expect from Turner Sports’ coverage of the UEFA Champions League next season? Let’s hope not.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family