London (AFP) – Sergio Aguero gave Manchester City a welcome boost on Tuesday as the Argentina striker returned to training following his recent car crash.
Aguero sustained a broken rib when a taxi he was passenger in crashed on its way to Amsterdam airport last month.
The accident sparked fears Aguero could be out of action for up to two months.
But just 11 days later he took part in light training at the club’s Eastlands complex as he joined in training with the City players not away on international duty.
“Man City fans will be delighted to learn Sergio Aguero returned to training on Tuesday morning,” a statement on the club’s website read.
“Though it was a light session with a City physio, the City star is expected to gradually build up his fitness in the coming days as he edges towards a first-team return.”
Aguero, 29, is just one goal short of Eric Brook’s all-time club record of 177 goals.
City midfielder Fabian Delph also took part in Tuesday’s session having recovered from a minor knock sustained against Chelsea which forced him to pull out of the England squad.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Where to find Liverpool vs. Real Madrid on US TV
- Hrustic, Rogic spearhead Australia squad for crunch World Cup playoff
- Deal Alert: Best streaming deals this Memorial Day Weekend
- Africa beckons for Royal after dramatic draw with Orlando Pirates
- Regret? Skupski prioritises French Open over Champions League ticket
- Klopp urges Liverpool to show Madrid who’s boss in Champions League final
- Ancelotti says Real Madrid can achieve ‘the maximum’ by winning Champions League
- Mancini thanks Chiellini before Italy send-off against Argentina
- How to watch UEFA Nations League on US TV and streaming
- Klopp shrugs off Mane speculation, but concerned over new Paris pitch