Burnley (United Kingdom) (AFP) – Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton is likely to be sidelined for several months after the England international suffered a suspected dislocated shoulder in Sunday’s 1-0 win over Crystal Palace.
Heaton landed awkwardly on his shoulder after colliding with team-mate Ben Mee as he caught the ball in the first half at Turf Moor.
The 31-year-old was taken off in the 36th minute after being treated on the pitch for several minutes.
Heaton had emerged as a genuine contender for the England goalkeeper’s role currently held by West Ham’s Joe Hart.
But Clarets manager Sean Dyche doesn’t expect Heaton to return from the injury for months if scans confirm his shoulder is dislocated.
“Tom Heaton, it looks like a dislocated shoulder and if that is the case we are looking at months, not weeks,” Dyche said.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
- Includes USA, NBC, FOX, FS1 + more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Tottenham boss Conte relishing heated Chelsea challenge
- Haaland’s will to win impresses Guardiola
- Benzema, Courtois and De Bruyne nominated for UEFA award
- Serbia’s Kostic completes Juventus move
- Ten Hag does not want to lose Rashford at Man Utd
- Tuchel reveals ‘bond’ with Aubameyang amid Chelsea rumours
- Struggling Barcelona sign 100-mn-euro digital deal
- Liverpool will not panic buy despite Thiago injury blow, says Klopp
- Surprise date-change overshadows World Cup 100-day countdown
- Qatar’s ground control on alert for World Cup disasters