Madrid (AFP) – Girona will play in the Spanish top flight for the first time next season after a mutually beneficial 0-0 draw with Real Zaragoza sealed their promotion on Sunday.
The Catalan side needed just a point to be assured of glamour ties against newly crowned European giants Real Madrid and neighbours Barcelona next season.
And, with a draw also good enough to secure Zaragoza survival, both settled for the stalemate.
Levante have already secured their return to La Liga as Segunda Division champions with the final spots in the promotion playoffs to be decided in the final round of fixtures next weekend
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season