The second leg of the Liga MX Clausura final between Chivas and Tigres averaged 2.8 million viewers on Univision and Univision Deportes, making it the second most-viewed Liga MX Clausura final ever on any network in the United States.
The mammoth number helped Univision Deportes deliver its most-watched Liga MX season ever in the 2016-17 campaign. In addition to the impressive number, the game averaged 1.6 million viewers for adults 18-49.
Chivas won the second leg 2-1 to win the final.
The first leg between Tigres and Chivas recorded 1,236,000 viewers, which was televised live on Thursday night on Univision Deportes.
In the semi-final second leg between Chivas and Toluca on Univision and Univision Deportes, the game averaged 1.44 million viewers.
The continued impressive viewing numbers for Liga MX on Univision underscores the popularity of the Mexican league on US television. The league is, by far, the most popular soccer league in the United States.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family