Barcelona (AFP) – German international goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen tied his future to Barcelona by extending his contract with the Catalan giants to 2022 on Monday.
“FC Barcelona have reached an agreement with Marc-Andre ter Stegen to extend and improve his contract until June 30, 2022,” Barca said in a statement.
“His buyout clause will rise to 180 million euros.”
Ter Stegen has won nine trophies in three seasons since joining from Borussia Moenchengladbach in 2014.
However, after sharing duties with Claudio Bravo in his first two campaigns, the 25-year-old has established himself as Barca’s undoubted number one in goal since the Chilean joined Manchester City in August.
Tying down Ter Stegen is just the latest in a series of high-profile contract renewals at the Camp Nou as Barca prepare for a new era after the departure of coach Luis Enrique.
Neymar, Luis Suarez and Ivan Rakitic have all signed long-term deals in the past year, whilst Lionel Messi is expected to become the highest paid player in the world with a bumper renewal in the coming weeks.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- Hrustic, Rogic spearhead Australia squad for crunch World Cup playoff
- Deal Alert: Best streaming deals this Memorial Day Weekend
- Africa beckons for Royal after dramatic draw with Orlando Pirates
- Regret? Skupski prioritises French Open over Champions League ticket
- Klopp urges Liverpool to show Madrid who’s boss in Champions League final
- Ancelotti says Real Madrid can achieve ‘the maximum’ by winning Champions League
- Mancini thanks Chiellini before Italy send-off against Argentina
- How to watch UEFA Nations League on US TV and streaming
- Klopp shrugs off Mane speculation, but concerned over new Paris pitch
- ‘Things change’ – Ceferin warns Europe’s old elite before Champions League final