Huddersfield Town and Reading will go head-to-head at Wembley on Monday in the Championship Playoff Final, with 90 minutes between the sides and potential promotion to the Premier League.
The annual clash at the national stadium is regularly labelled as a match worth £170 million, given the substantial riches the victor will receive by competing in English football’s top tier the following season.
With the majority of people having a day off for the Bank Holiday, betting on the clash at Wembley will be sizeable – but it is important to pick the right site with LatestBettingSites in-depth review if you are to maximise your chance of winning.
Huddersfield are fighting to compete int he Premier League for the first time in the modern era and go into the game as slight favourites at odds of 6/5.
David Wagner has done an amazing job to transform the fortunes of the Yorkshire club, with many tipping the John Smith Stadium side to be candidates for relegation this season rather than promotion.
Reading are seemingly always there or thereabouts when the playoffs roll around and Jaap Stam’s men will know that this a glorious chance to cement their place back in the pinnacle of English football.
The Madejski Stadium outfit are 5/2 underdogs to come out on top of the clash, but should not be written off given their recent form.
Reading overcame a highly fancied Fulham outfit in the semi-finals, while Huddersfield eliminated Sheffield Wednesday on penalties.
Huddersfield pair Elias Kachunga and Nahki Wells are favourites with the bookmakers to score the first goal on Monday, with odds of 11/2 for both the best on offer.
However, Reading have a number of threats in the final third and it would be just like Yann Kermorgant to write his name in history by opening the scoring – odds of 15/2 look inviting.
The neutrals will be hoping for a game with plenty of goals while both teams have attacking weapons to suggest that the clash will not end as a deadlock.
For both teams to score odds of 21/20 are on offer. For the opposite, 8/1 is the best you will get for the game to finish 0-0.
In what is sure to be a tense affair given how much is at stake, the threat of extra time and dreaded penalty kicks will always be looming in the back of the players’ minds.
Huddersfield and Reading look well matched in the players they have available to them and as such both managers will be ready to have to go the distance to potentially secure promotion.
As such, odds of there being the ultimate suspense, penalties, is at odds of 9/2 and could be a canny wager.
Two attack-minded sides will contest a suspense-filled game at Wembley on Monday with so much at stake – may the best team win.
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get All 3 And Save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family