EXCLUSIVE: The viewing numbers are in for one of the most exciting el Clásico games in recent history between Real Madrid and Barcelona.
The match was televised live to viewers in the United States via beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español. The combined viewing number for both networks was 1,594,000
beIN SPORTS benefitted from the Sunday mid-afternoon timeslot. The game was televised live from 2:45-4:45pm ET (11:45am to 1:45pm PT), which is far better than the December 2016 start time of 10:15am ET.
For the English-language broadcast, the viewing audience was 488,000. That number was eclipsed by the Spanish-language audience that averaged 1,106,000 viewers.
How does beIN SPORTS’ viewing numbers compare to previous el Clásico games that the network has televised?
• December 3, 2016: 1.433 million
• April 2, 2016: 1.915 million viewers
• November 21, 2015: 1.874 million viewers
• March 22, 2015: 2.120 million viewers
Phil Schoen and Ray Hudson commentated the game for beIN SPORTS. In the studio, Kay Murray hosted the broadcast alongside Kevin Egan. They were joined by Christian Vieri, former MLS Coach of the Year Thomas Rongen as well as former Manchester United goalkeeper Gary Bailey.
On the Spanish-language beIN SPORTS en Español network, Jose Hernandez and Pablo Mariño were the announcers. The commentators also contributed to the pre-game, half-time and post-match coverage alongside host Ana Cobos and analyst Miguel Serrano.
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
- Includes NBC, USA, FOX, ESPN, CBSSN & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $69.99/mo. for Entertainment package
- Watch World Cup, Euro 2024 & MLS
- Includes ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 + local channels
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
- England boss Southgate concerned by rise in fan disorder
- Who is the greatest soccer player of all time?
- Spurs make £150m investment as Conte eyes transfer splash
- Real Madrid will keep winning without Mbappe, says Casemiro
- New CEO aims to make Bundesliga world’s ‘most digital league’
- UK government in talks with ‘international partners’ over Chelsea sale
- West Ham’s Bowen named in England squad for Nations League
- Bayern sign right-back Mazraoui from Ajax
- BBC apologises to fans after ‘Manchester United are rubbish’ gaffe
- Former Bayern boss Kovac to coach Wolfsburg